ISO27001 Certified – ISMS Foundation
- 0 Location(s) Available
- 0 Date(s) Available
- Certificate Level
ISO27001 Certified – ISMS Foundation
Course Duration: 1 day | English
Introduction.Take the first steps towards building a career in Information Security Risk Management with this introductory course on the key elements required to achieve compliance with the ISO27001 Standard. Learn from the experts about Information Security Risk Management frameworks and best practice and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard
- Take the first steps towards building a career in ISO 27001.
- Learn from the experts about ISO 27001 best practice and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard.
- Delivered experienced ISO 27001 practitioner and consultant will teach you how to achieve compliance with the Standard.
- The course provides a complete introduction to management standards and how ISO 27001 works.
- It combines formal training, practical exercises, group discussions and relevant case studies.
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation
- The benefits of information security management system (ISMS) certification
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning
- Obtain knowledge of the core elements of the ISMS
- Knowledge of the key steps of an ISO 27001 Risk Assessment
- Gain an overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls
- Senior directors (CEO, CIO, CSO) responsible for strategic and business planning.
- Board Members with responsibility for Data Protection including GDPR
- IT and Information Security Risk Managers responsible for cyber security or who want to develop a cyber security career
- Data Protection Officers (DPOs) or Seeking a career as a DPO under GDPR
- Operational Risk Managers / Consultants who require an understanding of cyber security risk management outcomes and processes.
- Regulatory Compliance Managers / Consultants who require an understanding of cyber security risk management outcomes and processes.
- Professionals who hold CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC or CISMP certications, and who wish to apply their current knowledge to the broader context of cyber security.
- Business Risk and Internal Controls Officers who require an understanding of cyber security risk management outcomes and processes.
- ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) qualification (ISO 17024 - certificated)
- Delegates sit the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination – a 60-minute, Online multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
- Understand the definition of information security and ISO27001 terms & phrases
- Explain the drivers for ISO27001 and the growing number of reasons for information security and corporate governance: Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Understand and explain the basics of the ISO27001 standards
- Document and Management Systems: Recall the attributes of management system documentation
- Understand and explain Certification; and the Requirements of Certification
- Management Commitment: What constitutes management commitment
- Overview of ISO27001 and its application: Understand the structure of the standard and how to use it
- Implementing ISO27001: Understand and explain the stages of implementation of ISO27001
- Conducting of ISMS Risk Assessments: Key steps in conducting a risk assessment
- Implementing Information Security Management (ISMS) Controls
- Online ISO27001 Certification Exam
- Bring water & refreshments to help you stay focused
- Bring stationery, a notebook and a calculator
- Laptop / Tablet with Internet Access for End of Course Online Exam
- Recommended Reading: ISO27001/ISO27002 A Pocket Guide by Alan Calder. Order Here: (Add link to shop)
Notes and handouts covered in the workshop will be provided. Chat with us or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any course queries (Office hours Mon-Fri 08:30-18:30).