Risk & Compliance Advisory
The financial crisis of 2008 has resulted in unprecedented levels of regulatory scrutiny across the global financial services sector, with the imposition of large fines against several globally important banks.
The African banking sector was no exception. Regulators are increasingly concerned about the integrity and effectiveness of the regulatory compliance and risk management frameworks of financial institutions.
At ARMC, we work closely with our African financial services clients to provide high quality advice on the early identification, comprehensive mitigation and transparent reporting of their enterprise risks, enabling our clients to make intelligent risk decisions, comply with regulatory requirements, improve profitability, and avoid de-risking by global clearing banks. We advise our clients on the design and implementation of best in class in:
- Framework capability gap-assessments.
- Development of policies, standards and operating procedures.
- Design and implementation of monitoring and testing programmes.
- Bespoke support to non-executive board chairs, executive management committee members and heads of business.
- Advice on correspondent banking risk management and improve their relationships with the global clearing banks.
- Enterprise risk management, regulatory compliance, financial crime, corporate governance, risk management (credit and operational) frameworks, strategies and target operating models drawing on our long experience working for world-class financial institutions such as JPMorgan, HSBC, Barclays, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.